for pc gaming, are home theater speakers better than speakers meant for gaming?

MeS1

Jun 20, 2008
there are alot fo speakers that are supposedly meant for gaming, are home theater speakers better in that field or are they best strictly for watching movies with a tv/home theater?

Either work. They both reproduce sound accurately. True gamers, however, don't waste time with speakers. They get good headsets.

Yes because the home speaker system are better quality in most cases. Game speaker systems are usually cheap thats and arent good enough to be called home theater systems.

Home theater speakers are higher fidelity. They are engineered to accuratly reproduce every sound, whether for a game or otherwise. Thats what I use.

Would you water your lawn with a soda-straw?

Look - computer speakers are designed to give 1 person sitting at a computer surround sound.

For dorm rooms - they can also be used for a small bedroom to let you and one other person watch movies on the computer monitor.

But to fill a living room with sound so a family can watch a movie on a TV and get theater-quality sound - computer speakers just dont have the surface area/power to fill a room with sound.

So one is not 'better' than the other - but they are built with different users or rooms in mind.

I think theyre the same because both is loud,surround and expensive.I have gaming logitech 5.1

Back