Why does my cat eat so much?

Chelsea

May 13, 2008
My cat has always been a big eater but it seems to be getting out of control. In the past I would try to buy expensive healthy diet cat food and he would REFUSE to eat it. Then he would destroy my house. So I took him back to the cheapy food which he seems to prefer. Lately hes been eating even more and when he poops it look like a cow patty. One poop in the litter box and it has to be changed! Is this normal? His pile can be 5 or 6 inches across! Also he starts meowing like crazy if he can even see the bottle of his bowl. He will wake you up at night if his food bowl gets empty while we're sleeping. Its getting to be a little much and Ive thought he has a eating disorder!

My cats fat too. She sounds a lot like yours. She drinks a lot of water too. Maybe are cats should join a gym together and start a diet. Or we could start a group called fat cats anonymous

your cat may have a tapeworm. when a animal has a tapeworm, the worm eats all of the animals digested food causing your cat to still feel hungrt. i suggest taking him/her to the vet to get it looked at. if you cat does have a tapeworn they have medicine for it.

hope this helps:)

hes a fat fuck.. let him be.... tell him to lay off the reefa for a while... so he wont have the munchies all the time

My cats are is suddenly the same way too! and we have the same name..how odd?? LOL well i have two girls and they havent changed their eating habits in years, but this is the first winter for my male cat and he goes outside....maybe yours does too and its just normal?

He's bored. Get him a bunch of toys and stuff to do. They even have toys that you can put food in. The food only comes out if he's playing with it. I would say put him on a schedule too. Feed him only once or twice a day and only the recommended amount now matter how much he begs. He will get used to it and it will encourage him to play with the food toys and get exorcise.

You should take your cat to vet and get him checked out. He could have a tape worm or who knows! also put out two bowls of food at night so he don't wake you up. If by chance he has a tape worm then he is not getting much to eat himself and also the cheap food takes more to get the vitamin's that he needs. However you can not change his food because he will not eat any other food so you are stuck with the cheap food for now. cats usually only like on type of food.

Back