my laptop internet doesnt work but my connection is excellent?

Julie

May 14, 2008
I have a dell laptop. When i try to log into the internet explorer it says we cannot connect to web page but this happens to ALL websites! I checked my connection and it says im connected to the router "excellent" but the router is not connected to the internet? this is weird because my desktop internet works totally fine and its connected to the same router (netgear). This happens everywhere i go with my laptop... I need help!! I called dell support and they said that they are going to charge me a lot of money to fix it since my warrenty expired just recently. This has happened before but all i had to do was delete norton virus. Please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not trying to be a smart @$$, but is your laptop accepting the connection? There should be a button that slides on the left side, to allow the internet, or turn it off...... hope its something simple like that! Or try resetting your internet, and the router....good luck!

Not trying to be a smart @$$, but is your laptop accepting the connection? There should be a button that slides on the left side, to allow the internet, or turn it off...... hope its something simple like that! Or try resetting your internet, and the router....good luck!

Back