Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

"Coming out" in future relationships?

Okay so I don't like labels, but I've been with and have had feelings for people of both genders. I don't keep it secret, but I don't tell anyone either or say "I'm bisexual". Is it dishonest not to disclose to partners in the future that I have been with both? It's just I don't want a guy to think 1) that he can get a threesome cuz he can't or 2) that I will leave him for a girl.

It sucks cuz lesbians think you're not gay enough and are just experimenting and straight guys think you'll go back to women.

I'm not ashamed of who I am. I don't talk about specifics of my past that much to anyone of any orientation (or regular friends) for that matter. I just want to be who I am and do what I want but I would never want to be dishonest to someone I care about in the future.

Anyone have experience with this? How do you explain it to partners, particularly to the boys? What reactions have you faced?

I should also add that I worry about letting the person know and then that defining me forever, to friends, family, etc.

It's easier to tell girls though because guys expect a girl to just like guys just because it's the norm....

What about with people who aren't yet in serious or potentially serious relationship territory?

For example, I was talking to a straight guy and he asked about when my last relationship was. I brought up the conversation but it was hard to answer his question without putting it all out there. He was just a friend-type-person so I wasn't going to say "Yeah I slept with her a year ago" but I don't want to be evasive.

Sigh..

Downloads
    Uploads
    You don't have to tell your bf you're bi-

So what if you're bi- No need to make him worried if it's something you can deal with.