Jeep Grand Cherokee Electrical Problem?

DesireeW

Jan 10, 2009
A few months ago my interior lights would just come on automatically and turn off by themselves. Well, as of Monday they have come on and won't go off unless I unhook the battery. I've tried to replace the switch but that didn't work and I've also checked the door switches, also didn't fix the problem. I am baffled.

does it have a switch on the rear hatch? Rear hatch in open pos. turn on interiors, right? does dash indicate open door? If not just an easy door switch...I wish you the best of luck! I hate electrical!

All jeeps have HORRIBLE circuitry. I have a jeep grand cherokee 2001 and it is so moody. The windows will only work if they want to, my little lights indicating what gear im in have gone out, my electronic locks will stop working randomly, etc. And on a side note ive had tons of problems, like a cracked radiator, leak in my power steering fluid, loose pulley system for my air conditioning, and i had to replace the rear drive train. So in short I couldnt be of any help to you, but just know ur not alone!

Back