Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Computer not connecting to the internet?

My computer is not connecting to my linksys wireless n router. It was working about 3 weeks ago until one morning I turned on my computer and I could not get past the windows loading screen, and it restarted over and over again.

I thought I had a bad virus so i reformatted and used a hard drive eraser called ActiveKilldisk to get rid of everything. I reloaded windows Vista and I have not been able to get the wireless connected.

I have tried everything possible like resetting the router, unplugging the router for 30 seconds, using software to fix the connection, Switching wireless cards from other computer that work fine in theirs, but does not connect in mine, wiping the hard drive again and reloading vista again. flashing the bios,resetting cmos, and probably some more, but i can't remember

I have managed to get a connectin for about 3 hours, but right when I connect my link speed goes from 54mbs down to either 24mbs or 11mbs and is terribly slow. I have uses Hijackk this bu have found nothing wrong and no virus scanner finds anything. Can anyone Help Please!!!
    For the Drivers, I had gotten the most recent drivers for the Wireless G with speedbooster,motherboard, graphics card, and any other drivers, but still nothing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    idk

Downloads
    Uploads
    It depends if you want to spend money on it. This seems like a difficult problem, so if it is worth the money, I would take it to the computer store. maybe wiping you drive wasn't the smartest idea.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Drivers! Drivers! Drivers!

They program your OS to run the device.

Go to google and type in the Make and model of the device and look for drivers for it. You need to do that with your motherboard as well. If you dont, you could have issues shortly.

Hope this helps!!

-Garrett