I am old and new to INTERNET. How do I open attachment pictures sent to me?

saded

Jan 10, 2009
After I have downloaded some pictures sent to me I delete the email The next day I am ready to work with the pictures, I can't find the attachments. Where did they go, and what do I do next? Thanks.

Hi Sade!

Welcome to the internet. Although all email programs are different somehow, they're all built on some common steps.

1. Open the email message and look for the attachment link. It's often in blue or has a little paper clip symbol in front of it.
2. Click it.
3. You'll be asked whether to open the attachment or to save it to your computer. Click which ever you want. If you click "open", it'll open immediately, but you'll have to keep coming back to your email message to see it again.
4. If you want to save it to your computer, click "save to computer" and save it to whichever folder you want to on your computer. That transfers the attachment from email to your computer.
5. Then go to whatever folder you saved it to and click the attachment that you saved. The attachment should open up automatically in the proper program.

Good luck!

Back