Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

How to disable the anti theft on your 2002 ford escape?

First and formost it IS my car!
    I thought it was disabled by ford. But I hear a beep beep beep noise after 15 seconds of starting the car. It is not the horn either that sound when the alarm is on. It is not the seat belt chime sound. It is not the gas cap not tight. I need to leave but am scared to go because if it is the alarm beeping the car will turn off at some point and I will be stranded.
    How can I be sure the alarm is disabled? Or disconnect it myself?
    I put the key in the locks and no change. The car is not beeping when the car is off.
    I start the car and then after 15 seconds it beeps three times over and over. But the beep is coming from the dashboard not the horn.

So I don't know what the heck it is. I am assuming it is the alarm somehow. Because my Ford book says nothing about this beep beep beep noise. And the theft light is blinking when I start the car.
    If anyone knows how to fix this please help! I am too scared to drive it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think you will be ok-the alarm shouldnt shut off the car once it is running, and if you shut it off on your own and go to start it back up-the alarm might sound but once you put the key in it will shut the alarm off. At least thats how it works on my Mustang. My keychain remote quit working(battery dead) i didnt think i'd be able to get the car started. I opened the door-the alarm went off but when i put the key in and turned it the alarm stopped and the car started.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think you will be ok-the alarm shouldnt shut off the car once it is running, and if you shut it off on your own and go to start it back up-the alarm might sound but once you put the key in it will shut the alarm off. At least thats how it works on my Mustang. My keychain remote quit working(battery dead) i didnt think i'd be able to get the car started. I opened the door-the alarm went off but when i put the key in and turned it the alarm stopped and the car started.

Unregistered
    my alarm keeps going off. I need to disarm it or disconnect it for good. It keeps killing my battery.I have bought 2 new battery's in the last 4 months...help please

Unregistered
    Has anyone figured out how to disable/disconnect the factory alarm on a 2002 Ford Escape? Mine goes off randomly.