What do you think of the angel Moroni's prophecy concerning Joseph Smith, the...

MichaelV

Jun 3, 2008
...Mormon prophet? In introductory pages preceding the text of the Book of Mormon, Joseph Smith's testimony of the book's origin includes a remarkable prophecy given to the seventeen-year-old Joseph by the angel Moroni:

"He called me by name, and said unto me that he was a messenger sent from the presence of God to me, and that his name was Moroni; that God had a work for me to do; and that my name should be had for good and evil among all nations, kindreds, and tongues, or that it should be both good and evil spoken of among all people."

How do you view this prophecy?

Whenever mormonism comes up as a subject in this forum it is jumped on by two parties.

People who have read the writings of Joseph Smith and defend them.

People who irregardless of what the question is, would like to take the opportunity to testify of why they don't like mormonism.

Prophecy fulfilled.

I think there was no angel and Joe Smith just made the whole thing up. He wanted to invent a religion and cash in on gullible Americans who in turn would spread their phony religion worldwide and cash in on the small percentage of people gullible enough to believe an absurd religion like Mormonism, all around the world.

Given the evidence of responses, claims, and comments about the "Mormons" and Joseph Smith in particular in this forum, I would say that it was pretty accurate.

was he 17? already it might be that your scource is corrupt.
Joseph smith was 14 when he first had the encounter with Moroni.

i believe it Always is true. every prophet that has ever lived has been good and evil spoken of.

i dont call joseph smith an offender of any single word or of any naive inexperience. that happens to everyone.

what i do hold is the visions revelations and testimony to a higher degree of authority than the average christian, muslim or jew.

was he 17? already it might be that your scource is corrupt.
Joseph smith was 14 when he first had the encounter with Moroni.

i believe it Always is true. every prophet that has ever lived has been good and evil spoken of.

i dont call joseph smith an offender of any single word or of any naive inexperience. that happens to everyone.

what i do hold is the visions revelations and testimony to a higher degree of authority than the average christian, muslim or jew.

Back