Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you have a bigger dog that can run fast, you could jog for a hour or so, it would be a lot better than walking a hour. 1500 calories is the average calories the normal person has to take in to keep their weight. It can be calories from any food, but greasy food and such are bad calories. People who are not as active may need less calories and athletes need a lot more calories.

Downloads
    Uploads

How does my workout routine sound?

Hey Everyone, Okays so your probley going to think im CRAZY , but honestly im not. im 14 years old 5'6 and I Weigh 112 lbs. I love my body its great , but one thingy in particular bothers me; MY BIG FAT STOMACH! It hangs over whenever I sit down and I cant wear normal shirts because theres always this huge bump so i wear puffy shirts so no one can see my bump. Im not anorexic or whatever i dont have any type of eating disorder, I just want to feel good about my stomach so I created a simple workout plan thatll hopefully burn the fat. I know that you cant loose weight in only one spot, but u loose weight all over and i know that you need to do cardio in order to burn the fat ;sit ups and crunches wont do the job they just tone. How does my workout plan sound? Also can anyone help me with the calorie intake thingy? I dont get what they mean by 1500 calories a day? is it just normal food or what? Thanks!

Everyday Routine:

200 jumping jacks in the morning, Followed by another 200 jumping jacks in the evening.

Walking for at least 1 hour a day; I walk my dog

50 sit-ups
    50 Crunches
    50 Push- ups

I'm not going to drink anymore sodas , just water and 100% fruit juices. I also loooove oranges so Im eating tons of oranges as well.

Got any more suggestions? Just tell me ! Thank you!

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's good you have good information. You can probably try out your plan first since you seem on the right track, but if you can handle a more intense workout then I can suggest...

1) jogging instead of walking because your body can handle it and it's much mich better
    -in this case you just need around 30 minutes a day (or even 30 minutes, 3 times a day)
    2) weight resistance training to build muscles: they burn more calories while resting. Therefore, you'll lose that tummy just by sitting down, doing nothing.
    -You don't need heavy weights...a pair of 2-5 lbs dumbbells would suit you perfectly.
    -Do squats/lunges, dumbell presses, rows (for the back). Do 3 sets of maybe 20-30 reps per set. (If you didn't get any of these terms, ask around for them. For some of the exercises you may be able to lift weight that are a little heavier. Try it out.)

Explaining the calorie thing...
    That's basically the amount of energy present in food when it is converted by the body for its functions. If you have excess energy--meaning you over-eat--your body stores them for later use as fat. (Unfortunately, "for later use" no longer happens.)

Basic rule: cut the fat, lessen the carbs, and add protein--protein is what your body uses to build muscles.

Good luck! =)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well your cardiovascular exercise seems to be up to par, I wouldnt worry about it now but you might want to check what you are eating. Exercising is only half of reaching your fitness goals and nutrition is the rest. If you can get your parents to hire a nutritionist this would be the best solution for you.If not you should eat whole foods and 5-6 servings of vegetables and fruits and drink about 8-10 glasses of water a day.