2006 Chevy Tahoe or 2006 Chevy Suburban for my first high school car?

Trey

May 19, 2008
im getting a car for highschool and im a freshman. I dont know what car i want but now i want an 06' Suburban. My aunt has an 06 suburban which i like and my uncle has a 98 or so tahoe (bodystyle before the newer one) which is alright. i really like it and think thats what i will stick with because its big, powerfull, kinda sporty, and i just like it. my dad is our car mechanic and fixes and does all the matience hes an engineer for the navy but anywayss. he has an 01' Chevy Silverado 2500HD diesel and is always telling me american cars are junk but he said that tahoe and suburbans and their siblings are but than the average american suv because its made with a truck engine and on that frame so i dont think he will mind. but are they reliable? my grandpa just bought a white 06' suburban and hes said he will sell it to my dad for $15000 and it only has 34,000 miles on it which isn't bad. is this a good car?

you will never be able to afford the gas. also those thins are noted for needing lots of fronend parts and all of the time so unless you are rich or a mechanic forget it.

They are gas sucking crap. If you took all your money and just burned it you'd be in the same fix as owning one of those bohemoths. They are unstable in emergency manuvers. People with smaller cars will always be trying to pass you so they can see what's down the road. Either build a treehouse or get a small and economical car that you won't need to put in the shop half the time, and not drive the other half because you need gas. Tahoes and Suburbans are just rolling clubhouses.

Back