Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

My fish keeps jumping into the filter?

I just set up a fish tank a few weeks ago and have been slowly adding fish. I recently added a loach. Last night I was watching all of the fish and they were all there. I walked away and heard a splash, I went back right away and could not find the new fish (the loach). I thought it had jumped out. I looked all over the tank and then all around it. I finaly came to the conclusion that my cat must have got to it before I could. I kept my eye out for it today and never found it. Then just a few minutes ago I see it swimming around again. I walk away, and i hear it jump again. I had seen it swimming around the filter so I decided to open it up and look in, and there it was. Is it safe for my fish to keep jumping in and out of the filter? How do I get it to stop? Its like its jumping up the little stream of water that flows out of the filter to get in.

Downloads
    Uploads
    hmmm sounds like your fish is trying to hide from the others..maybe he is being bullied and he has found that he can get in there to get away from them

Downloads
    Uploads
    what size tank do you have to be adding a loach, i hope its not a clown loach and if it is i hope u got a 100 gallon tank with all the other fish you have . do your self a favor, they got fish forums all over the internet that can help you alot better than yahoo answers. fishforum.com oscarfish.com cichid-forum.com,

my preference is oscarfish.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    on one of my tanks my filter didnt have a screen on the intake tube and i found 6 or 7 baby convicts inside the filter box on a few occasions i dont see a problem with it as long as they dont get hurt i just keep puttin em back in the tank

Downloads
    Uploads
    have you ever seen finding nemo?
    yeah he's trying to escape back to the ocean =D
    weeeeeeee