Future career/degree.?

xxiDJMJxxi

Jan 7, 2009
I'm pretty terrible in math and science classes. From high school and first semester of college i've struggled in geometry, algebra, calculus, bio and chem classes. I'm wondering about what i should major in. business? teacher? i don't know. what are your opinions. I am interested in any personal experiences.

give history a shot and major in international affairs or politics.

I was in EXACTLY your situation. I pray to God, for your sake, that you take this advice.

I also am TERRIBLE at math and science.

So, I went on to college and did a business degree. But, I know that a "business career" is different from a "business degree." Business careers require a lot of mathematics and analysis that a business degree did not require. So, I knew that - even though I had a business degree - I would be unqualified for a business career.

So, I went to teacher's college and, at age 22, I earn $80,000 as a high school teacher of business studies (accounting, marketing, general business etc.).

Alternatively, you can go do an MBA and teach at the college level (you do NOT need a PhD). This job will earn you about $90,000 a year and you teach about 15 - 20 hours a week ONLY. The rest of the time you can be at home, marking papers and preparing for classes.

With both of these jobs - high school or college teaching - you get three weeks off at Christmas and two months off in the summer. What "business career" will give you this???

What are you interested in?

If you have no idea, try this site:
http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp

If you answer the questions, it tells about your personality and recommends jobs based on that.

If you click on the links, you can find other personality based advice.

It's based on real research and it helped me!

You can't just pick a random major. You have to pick something that you could picture yourself doing for the rest of your life. Business has a lot of hard work that needs to be put in. You have to be a leader in business if you want a good fortune in life. Being a teacher, you have to be willing to learn about a subject.

You can't just pick a random major. You have to pick something that you could picture yourself doing for the rest of your life. Business has a lot of hard work that needs to be put in. You have to be a leader in business if you want a good fortune in life. Being a teacher, you have to be willing to learn about a subject.

Back