Last week, something happened to my outdoor 2 year old cat but I don't know what. He came into my room in the early morning and had a nasty wound on his neck... his skin was gaping open, bleeding, and filled with yellow pus, and it smelled awful. It looked like a bad bite from a raccoon or another cat or something.

I kept pleading with my parents to take him to the vet but they wouldn't because they didn't want to pay, etc. I would have taken him myself but I am 15 years old with no drivers license or money.

So I did my best with him... I called a lot of places and got advice and cleaned out the wound with hydrogen peroxide and such. Normally he was an energetic and playful cat but for days he would just lie on my lap and sleep.

Anyway... I haven't seen him in at least 3 days, which is extremely weird for him. His food and water bowl are in my kitchen and he sleeps with me every night. I'm really scared that he died because the puss and stench of the cut made me guess it could have been infected, and he just happens to disapear after this happened?

I'm furious with my mother for abandoning him when he was clearly sick and in pain but when I screamed at her when it first happened she got extremely angry and didn't take me seriously. How can I let her know how awful I feel she acted without her brushing it off?