What is so dangerous about the internet!?

TylerC

May 19, 2008
Like, posting pics of yourself on myspace, there is NO DANGER they don't know your adress. How is it any different than walking in the grocery store?
The internet is only dangerous if you believe everything everyone says!

In 2006 a scammer tried to get me to send me my banking info. When I refused they scoured the net and found a picture of me on my profile along with some details. 6 months later the Police came to my door asking why I scammed 3 people out of 20,000. I had no idea what was going on.

I later found out that these people used my name, Birthdate, and picture in more scams to try to get other people to send them money. All these other people after they found out they were scammed thought that I was the one who did it. So now I'm still fighting to clear my name and I get threatening calls all the time and I'm thinking of changing my name and moving.

This is a 100% real story that has made my life a living hell. Is this proof enough for you? I will NEVER post pics or info about myself again on the net.

idk

but if they know your name whitepages.com

has everything they would need to know about you

Yes - I agree.
People like to spread paranoia about new technology.
Its a modern form of superstition.

That isn't dangerous but if you're careless it's harmful. People can hack your myspace and find all that out. Some people pretend to be friends then hack your computer. It's very scary.

Back