I hooked up my head unit and I was still testing everything before I went through and taped the wires up and I shoved it into the dash and was checking it out and after that I tried pulling it out and I heard a loud *shhh* sound and I thought I burned something out.

Afterwards my old factory radio would not work either and neither would my lights in the car , dome, door ect.. and my keyless entry was out as well.

Well I went and checked the fuses and I had blown a few and I replaced them and everything worked fine again. so I tried Hooking up the aftermarket dvd player gps system and it just didn't turn on, I can hear some grinding noises inside of it when I turn the car on but the player will not light up or play anything, I also can hear a little sound in the speakers, no music though just like sound.

I honeslty don't see how this would have even happened just by letting two of the wires touch together since they werent taped? I'm not sure if they all are suppose to have a fuse on the back but mine does not! and all the ones I've hooked up before have had fuses to protect the unit! I had disconnected the battery to hook this up but while moving it around in the car and shoving it in the dash I did not have it disconnected.

The model is a innovatek 722 gps

Please if anyone know how or where I can goto fix this it would be greatly appreciated and I have ann important cd stuck insdie of it as well. =( thanks everyone