Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I completely agree with you. I'm not a Christian or an atheist persay, but I think it's completely absurd for them to get upset about a display like that when our entire country feels like its based upon their religion.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Freedom of Religion actually comes from the Establishment Clause in the First Amendment. It basically says that the State shall make no law that puts 1 religion over another. Everything else that relates to freedom of religion has to do with Freedom of Speech.

I'm not aware of what the sign said, but as long as it was not intended to AND likely to incite immediate violence, it is alright.

I have been on both sides of the fence.. I grew up as an ardent Lutheran and would be offended by just 1 Atheist sign.. I am currently kind of on the fence but leaning more towards Agnostic beliefs. But I now realize how predominant Christianity is in American society [money, athletes praising God after athletic events, etc], and realize that millions of people in the US are NOT Christians.

Although the Establishment Clause is not violated, I do not see how anyone could not understand what this poster is talking about. I think he could have said something like, imagine Atheist propaganda was everywhere, how would you feel?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Amen. Unfortunately, whenever someone makes a valid point, the Christians tend not to answer.

Downloads
    Uploads
    "You are free to practice religion, as long as it's the Christian religion."

That seems to sum up a lot of belief in this country.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You gotta be kidding me. I never see Yahweh anywhere. The atheists have the government schools, most of the universities, Hollywood, almost all of the media, and you say you are drenched in religion? Gay people are being condemned, but after they die, not in this life. They are some of the richest and most free people in the world. I think you see the world backwards, just like most liberals. I've never heard any whining about any atheists displays either, except perhaps that they are mean spirited. I've never seen a religious display that wasn't full of love and care for everyone reading it.

You are so far off, I don't even think explaining it to you will help. Perhaps someday you will understand. Probably not.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12