Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you should be breeding her you would have a person to contact about this. It isn't anything against your breed, people just want you to be breeding responsibly.

What makes you think she is breeding quality? What health tests has she had?

Contact a reputable breeder to get a mentor: http://www.abtcc.com/

Downloads
    Uploads

my hunting dog question...?

i am getting a black and tan and SHE is two.
    and we are breeding her soon..
    what is the average number of pups she will have?
    and dont tell me this is not a good breed of dog because she is.you just dont know!
    and if you know about how many she will have tell me if you dont then dont bother!

Downloads
    Uploads
    To some people it may not be a good breed of dog. Hounds are not for everyone. My sister and her fiancee are great examples of that. Found a puppy, turned out to be mostly hound, never trained him and now he's stubborn as can be(a hound trait) and very badly behaved.

As for number of pups, it can vary in all dogs. I've seen Aussies have 1 or 2, or as my Aussie's litter was, 11. It depends. You'll just have to wait and see.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, I for one think you should breed her until her uterus falls out. The country NEEDS more people like you breeding their dogs-that's what keeps emergency vets in business! I don't know why these people are being so mean to you, because obviously, as a DOGLUVER, you know what you're doing...you don't have to understand genetics, health testing, showing, training, breeding or anything else...as long as you can get your bitch to lock up with a dog, you're on your way to being rich-good for you! I hope you have 39 pups per litter! Besides, aren't Black and Tans VERY rare and in demand? You could probably get LOTS more money for them than they get for all of those hounds in the shelters, just because you KNOW more than anyone else on here that you are asking. There's no one here on YA anyway except for vet techs, shelter workers, experienced, responsible breeders, experienced show people, and of course, the lowly animal advocates who are always begging people to stop contributing to the annoying 6 million dogs that are killed every year-who needs these people anyway! Sheesh, they all act like they've been around when a shelter has to euth. ENTIRE litters of hounds that no one wants. Like THAT has ever happened. Have fun breeding.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Firstly If You Are Intent On Breeding Her Make Sure You Have All Her Health Checks Done Do You Have Any Idea How Many Problems Pups Can Have If Bred From A Bitch With Un Diagnosed Problems If You Truly Are A Dog Lover It Wont Matter If She Has One Or Ten Pups Its About Making Sure She Is Fit And Healthy And Her Pups Get Everything They Need Please Rethink As You Obviously Have Done Little Or No Research

Downloads
    Uploads
    6-8 pups..breed her often for the next 4 yrs., and you will make lots of money.

Downloads
    Uploads
    IF you were going to breed responsibly, you would not be here asking questions. Why do I think this? Because if you truly had a great show/hunting dog to breed, there would be a breeding mentor to answer all your questions. The very fact that you don't have a mentor to ask something this simple tells me you are an irresponsible breeder.

The bad breeders get defensive cuz they know they are wrong.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You are a self professed "dog lover" so please don't breed your dog. Here's why:

According to the Humane Society of the United States, 2,000 puppies are born every hour in our country. Right from the start, only 1 out of 4 puppies has a chance at a home. Finding a permanent home is even harder - only 1 out of 10 dogs will stay with its original buyer for its whole life. 5 out of 10 will change owners before they’re a year old. The remainder of these dogs will end up in animal shelters, abandoned and unwanted. Even if your dog is an expensive purebred, your puppies are subject to the same statistics. At least 3 million dogs will be killed in animal shelters this year alone because there just aren’t enough homes for all of them There are so many unwanted pets that cities all over the country are considering passing laws that will ban all breeding.

Why is it not enough for you to own and love a beautiful black and tan female? Why do feel it necessary to breed her when you are only adding to the critical dog over population ? Please, just love her, hunt her, enjoy her and give her the best life that you can. There's no good reason to breed her and every reason not to.

Downloads
    Uploads
    IF you were going to breed responsibly, you would not be here asking questions. Why do I think this? Because if you truly had a great show/hunting dog to breed, there would be a breeding mentor to answer all your questions. The very fact that you don't have a mentor to ask something this simple tells me you are an irresponsible breeder.

The bad breeders get defensive cuz they know they are wrong.

Downloads
    Uploads
    7-8

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast