How do i stop a rumor that i'm pregnant?

iDancexJB

Aug 21, 2008
i'm a sophomore in high school; so i'm fifteen.
i have a boyfriend; but he doesn't go to my school (i met him through a family friend) so most of my friends don't know him & it's not like everyone knows we're dating, or that i'm dating anyone at all.
My friends and I joke around a lot about perverted type things when they may come up; like whatever; normal teens do. It's not a big deal.
I don't know if someone heard my friends and I joking around and took it as being serious; or are just trying to be mean. However; today at school my best friend told me that another friend of ours that unfortunately does not have classes with me this year; however she is a good friend since grade seven, and that's four years; so i know she isn't making it up. She had asked my best friend if I was pregnant; and that she'd heard it from a lot of people. I am DEFINETLY not pregnant. & even if i was; i would probably not have it anyway; i'm only fifteen & i'm pretty set on going to college & having a carrer; and waiting for a family. Anyway; apparently it's all over school but i haven't heard anything yet, althoguh people probably woulnd't say it to my face, and my friends know that I'm not. The thing is I'm not supposed to be dating the boy I am; he is seveteen & has a car and my mom doesn't like that. So if my mom heard; she would absolutely kill me, evn if i proved I wasn't pregnant,because I'm not, as I have stated before. HOw do i catch who started it and stop this rumor?!
im just really worrie they will think i had an abortion

This is what i would do. If someone brings it up to you in your face, pretend that you have never heard this before. Tell them that their messed up. Pretend as if your in utter confusion.
You can get your friends to explain to everyone that your not pregnant. Also you could start a rumor about them.
One time there was a nasty rumor about me and i fought back with another rumor. The rumor i created got the guy dumped by his girlfriend. After that he never messed with me again.
I believe that your not pregnant and i bid you good luck

It is okay to date your boyfriend. There is only a two year difference between the two of you. It does not matter if he has a car or not.

As for the rumors about you, it doesn't have to worry you especially if it is not true. All you have to do is refute and say that you are not pregnant.

You have to call your close friends sit them down, and say "I know there is rumor about me in the school that I am pregnant but it is not true." You have to acknowledge rumor and say that it is not true.

If people ask you if you are pregnant say that it is not true. Don't snap at anyone or confront anybody. If you do that it is going to spread around, and people will believe that the rumor is true. Be calm and tell anyone close to you, or you care about that it is not true.

Ok make the friend u asked to ask undirectly how they found out.
make lots of people do that. make ur friend say sumtin like "omg thats hilarious, hu told u u that" not HOW DO U KNOW ITS NOT TRUE
u wont find out

once u find out who it was own them back and say "just because u cant get laid doesnt mean i am pregnant, i can do a pregnancy test and show u tomorrow if u like but ur 2 dumb 2 read it and tell"

itll make people shut up. and then undirectly say it a lil loud that u have heavy period cramps. therefore u cant be pregnant

Rumors are nasty and hard to stop. Ask your friends to help you to spread the right information, and ask them to ask their friends to help you. If none of that works soon, the truth will be known in less than 9 months.

just dont worry about it
you're not pregnant, people will soon realize that when you dont have a friggen belly !

First thing, tell your Mom so she doesn't have a heart attack at the mall if someone says something. Second thing, if someones asks tell them you are not. The previous poster is right, just wait afew months. The third thing is stop joking around with friends like that. You are getting old enough where you see what happens. Good luck.

Tell them you aren't pregnant. If they don't believe you, in 9 months when you don't have a baby, and didn't gain any weight... then they can't say it any more.

tell a school counselor, talk to your teachers, ignore it, don't try to stop it because it might not lead to the greatest consequences. Besides, in a few months, people will know it's not true because it if you were, you would be showing by then. just try to ignore it. it might be hard, but try.

Honey, I'd be so tempted to make myself one of those buttons that campaigners use, and cover it with a sign that says-
"The answer is NO!"
And say nothing else, let them draw thier own conclusions...
you may not ever know who started it,but don't worry.
YOU alone are in control of your reputation, and your mama would remember how cruel kids can be.
They are just a little more outspoken now than they were in 1970.
Hang in there, Sweetie, I am rooting for you and college!
Happy New Year!

just ignore it. rumors come and go. the people who started it and believe it are stupid..as long as you know its not true, thats all that matters.

if the kids at your school are making fun of it, pretend not to notice it, no matter how hard it is to ignore it
otherwise if they aren't making fun of you still don't act different, and soon they'll forget about it

Thats a tough one. I imagine it can be hard to trace the origins of such rumors. One thing is for sure. In 9 months, the rumor will be quelched when you produce no child. : )

you probably won't be able to figure out who started it, but the best way to stop the rumor is to ignore it. If you try telling everyone it's not true then they won't believe you. Besides, once they see after a few months that you're not gaining weight from pregnancy the rumors will stop. Plus someone else probably really will get pregnant and the rumors will be about that person. You know the truth and your mom should believe you if you tell her you aren't.

Don't worry so much about catching who started it.
As the months go by and your stomach doesn't get bigger, they will lose interest.

well you can try to do a little investigation around the people you thought were your friends and the people who absolutely hate you. one of those groups of people must have started it.

and if you dont find out.... wait for nine months and if there is no gigantic belly in front of you then you are good and you proved everyone wrong.

as for your mom... tell her to stop being a bitch and start believing what you tell her and not some dumb asses from school.

Back