LCD TV and Home Theater Help?

RobertB

May 13, 2008
My wife got me a Sony BRAVIA W-Series 52" LCD HDTV with 1080p and 120Hz. She also got me a BOSE 3-2-1 GS Series III DVD system. I realize that when I play a DVD that the audio will come through the Bose system. My question will I be able to hear the TV audio through my Bose system, or will I just get the sound from the speakers in the TV.

Thanks, Bob

You'll be able to hear the sound from your TV as well, through the Bose system. Just insert the red and white cables from the "audio out" on the TV to the "audio in" on the media center. And turn down the volume on your TV to avoid an echo... If you are watching TV with the system on, sound will still be coming from your TV and from the system's speakers. Bose's instructions say to turn down the volume using your TV's remote to avoid having an echo effect.

I looked at your instruction manual, online... It's all on pages 22-24. (I've included the link to the PDF file, below... Sounds as if you lost your copy of the instructions... Otherwise I'm sure you would have read them fully, as I did.)

Back