My mother and I have usually have a really good relationship. For the the most part, we're able to talk to each other and communicate really well. But every time I try to do my homework, my mom yells at me. I'm a procrastinator, not a really bad one, but I am known to procrastinate especially when it comes to homework. If I'm doing a major project/assignment a couple nights before its due, my mom will yell at me. It doesn't matter what I tell her--she yells.

I know what you're thinking at this point--my mom is right, she should yell at, it is irresponsible for a student to wait till the last minutes to start on a major assignment, etc, etc. The thing is, though, I find it easier to not do the assignment if I'm starting on it late than to risk a conflict with my mom. This hasn't been to my advantage. My grades are suffering and last year, I even failed one semester of a class and I have to retake it this year.

I know it's bad to procrastinate, but because of my mom yelling at me, my grades have dropped from A's and high B's to F's and low C's. How can I explain to her that when she yells at me, I just want to pretend all my homework is done?