Nissan GT-R Nurburgring lap time a fraud?

evo741hpr3

Feb 26, 2008
Everyone with car knowledge had doubts about the time nissan claimed to have posted around the Nurburgring using what they called a "stock GT-R".

The power to weight ratio just didn't add up to the lap time that Nissan claimed the car could do.

Nissan said the stock GT-R posted a lap time of 7:29 and again.. it was supposedly a bone stock model. At the time this was a big deal as this was a record lap time for a production car.

Now there have been two other lap times set using GT-R's taken off of showroom floors. The times posted as follows.. 7:54 and 7:56. Is this finally proof that nissan used a tuned up ringer to set the record lap time?

Here is a list of Nurburgring production car lap times..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/N%C3%BCrburgring_lap_times

The math said the car would only have to be 5% quicker a combination of tuning , tyres and a good driver could do that
I do not know the answer but to achieve an improvement of 5% over the times you mention is possible
Best of luck in finding a factual answer

The math said the car would only have to be 5% quicker a combination of tuning , tyres and a good driver could do that
I do not know the answer but to achieve an improvement of 5% over the times you mention is possible

Back