Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Guitar players:stratocaster pick-ups?

Please give me your thoughts on the following stratocaster pick-ups: standard, tex mex, etc. those of you who know know what pickups are available. I'm looking for the crunchiest and best sustaining available. The local guitar store has a seafoam green strat with the tex mex in it mim 0.........Are the texmex the ones to own?

I'm just not going a grand for a strat at that price there are too many others i would prefer......a straight mim is 399 and after market tex mex's are 200. I have no interest in a humber pickup in a strat. I know the seafoam is a rare color..

Downloads
    Uploads
    if you want grit, tex mex are the way to go, the coils are purposely overwound to give that effect

Downloads
    Uploads
    have you tried playing that guitar at the store ? ? thats what i would do . or do some research online to see their price / reviews

Downloads
    Uploads
    that seems to be Fenders hot rod pick up, but as the guitar is only 0 the Mex comes into play if you know what I mean? MIM. now here's what a set of pick ups on s Strat are suppose to look like http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-American-Special-Mahogany-HSS-Stratocaster-Electric-Guitar?sku=511165 notice the humbucker.