Why does Bitlord/Bitcomet/uTorrent make my internet connection so slow?? ?

anouska1983

Jan 4, 2009
I usually use BitLord but this problem happens whatever download program I use. My internet connection becomes incredibly slow when I'm downloading. Even though my download and upload speed on Bitlord is not very high either. I've tried loads of suggestions off google about changing the download and upload max limits and port settings but nothing works. This problem happens when I'm using IE7 and Firefox and any website I visit is very slow. Does anyone know why this is??? Or even how to increase my speeds??

If you have the settings set to maximum upload and download, it is using as much bandwidth as it can, so it leaves only a little to browse the net. Turn your settings down or pause it all when you need to.

Depends- when is it exactly slow? is it while surfing the internet, or when running programs? either way, you can make it go faster. If your internet is slow, you should scan your computer for viruses and spyware using suitable programs(for example- avast anti virus or spybot). If you still experience the same problem I would advise you to delete the computer after backing it up, and then installing a new copy of Windows. if your problem is with programs running slowly- I can advise you to download this software, which can extremely help- CCleaner. do all these and perform speed test here http://www.scanmyspeed.com/ it will be quite better,

Last edited:
Back