Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Why does Hollywood always make the white man the bad guy?

It seems that Hollywood is so paranoid to portray Middle Eastern Muslims as villains in their movies. This especially true after 911. Take the movies (just to name a few) "The Sum of all Fears" and "The Recruit". The villains are changed to white men. No wonder the movie "The Siege" has become a hit on DVD. (This movie was made before 911). The recent trend in Hollywood is to make Russians or old German Nazis the villains. The funny thing is that after WWII and during the cold war that seemed to work well. But now the world has changed but to Hollywood the enemy remains the same. I guess is true what they say, “The more things change the more things remain the same”.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, if you watch Towelhead or Harold & Kumar, middle eastern people are never villains. I don't want to paint middle easterners as all terrorists, but I think we should have some recognition of what is going on - that many middle easterners do support the terrorists and that some don't. I like how Caucasians can be heros and the bad guy (Dark Knight) - a nondiscriminatory reflection of reality.

The enemy in Kung Fu Panda which takes place in China, has a British accent lol.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Have you noticed whenever the villan is a German, he's played by a Brit?

And why in the original Star Trek Series was it always the unknown actor in the red uniform that died on the away mision!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't think the casting directors set out to make white man the bad guy but fill the shoes of the roles according to box office draw and who can best fill the role. This can be said for any movie and it is up to the actor to pull off the role they are given but in political correctness there are those who would argue to place a person of that nationality in the role would be to label a certain nationality with being villains. There are always opposing views to everything.

Downloads
    Uploads
    why do black guys always die first in movies

Downloads
    Uploads
    Liberal guilt.