Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Religion-related stuff, can anyone help me, please?

Hi, everyone.

Okay, so I've got to write a speech for my English class about whether same-sex marriage should be allowed (it was my choice of topic, and it got a few funny looks from my peers. Haha.)

Well I was wondering if you could help me, see I need to know some specific religious arguments for the "against" part of the argument. You know how it goes, give your opinion, argue against it, come to a conclusion.

So can anyone give me any specific Bible references that "condemn" homosexuality? Also, any references from any other religious texts would be greatly beneficial to me. Even if it's just the name of the book in the Bible, that would make all of this way easier.

Thank you, all!

Oh, and I asked this here because I'm gay, I like you guys, and more R&S people seem to troll out around here anyway. :P

All answers GREATLY appreciated.

xx

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'll give your first issue, have you considered there may be a difference between same sex marriage and homosexuality. That there is a link is pretty much implied, but finding references in the Bible that condemn homosexuality does not definitively prove the bible would be against same sex marriage (marriage being a pagan ritual anyway).