Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

HELP~~~ I have no data plan with my iphone and I used 100mbs of data...?

Here is my case, I was using the wifi inside my house but apparently if the wifi signal gets too weak the iphone will automatically turn into 3g mode which will use the cellular internet data instead of my home wifi connection.... This was how I got to use this 100mbs....... I used the cellular data without knowing that I was actually using it..... Because I live in Canada and using "rogers"... according to Rogers cell phone's rate my next bill is going to be approximately 3000-4000$ Im still a student i cannot afford this outrageous cellphone bill and my parent will definitely kill me if they know this.....I really need to know what can I do to prevent to pay that huge bill....

Downloads
    Uploads
    U deactivate the plan from ur network or remove the settings temporarly.

Downloads
    Uploads
    No i don't think 100mb is going to cost you $4000 - your bill will be around $600 but that's still too much - maybe you should contact them (Rogers) and they might help you out with this....sorry about that happening to you

I'm no expert at this, but my cousin had a very similar problem just the other week. Over here in the US, we have a company named AT&T (I'm assuming you've heard of them; they're a giant company). Well, he got a $700 data charge; even though he paid for a data plan. He called the company, and they refunded him.

I'm supposing that if you call the company, and tell them that it's the phone's fault for switching to 3G without your permission, they might not charge you.

Otherwise, you can always do a charge back if you paid via credit; or threaten the phone company to tell on them through the Canadian version of the Federal Trade Commission or the Better Business Bureau. Also, lawyers can help you out; I bet the company will settle instead of suing you/ you suing them.

Good luck