Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Car Dealer Scammers - PLANET HONDA (New Jersey, Route 22)?

I wanted to purchase a 2009 Honda Pilot LX today. I spoke with Yomayra (the Rep on the phone) from PLANET HONDA regarding the price. We have reached a price and agreement I was satisfied with but she told me they only had 1 silver color in stock and that was the only LX they have on the lot. So I told her I would be there in 1 1/2 hours since I need to travel from NY to NJ.
    Once I got to PLANET HONDA and requested for Yomayra, they found another dealer to assist me with my purchase. So I explained in details of the price agreement for the Silver 2009 Pilot LX and that I'm here to pay for the car. So a dealer which I forgot his name (but it starts with an 'A', height about 5'8', early to mid 20s hispanic) went into the back to confirm the agreement with Yomayra, and checked his inventory. When he came back (with a big smile) told me that is indeed the agreement and he double checked the inventory and said that the 2009 Silver Pilot LX is indeed in stock. So he said "Let's go together and see it." When we walked to the lot, he told me to wait in the cold in the middle of the lot while he gets the keys. After waiting for 5 minutes, he comes back (from the front of the dealership) and tells me that there's bad news...Yep, they JUST SOLD it!!. He then apologized and tries to sell me the EX model instead!!
    Now since we were going outside to see the Pilot, why in the world did he not get the keys first like any other dealer before we went outside? And didn't he just tell me it was in stock when he checked his computer 5 minutes ago? So they sold the car in 5 MINUTES?? That was the biggest ---- I have ever heard. That’s when I realized they never had it in stock to begin with. They just wanted me to go down to the dealership so they can sell me higher more expensive model. They have wasted my time and gas with their bull. And then the dealer got someone else to apologize and tried to sell me the EX model but if I didn't want it, then they pretty much told me they don't have the car we had agreed on and there was nothing they nor I can do about it.

I am so angry. Does anyone know what else I can do about it (e.g., file a formal complaint with the BBB, consumer protection agency, or can file any litigation against the dealership?) Any ideas are surely welcome. However, if there is nothing I can do, at least his posting will alert people of PLANET HONDA in New Jersey and their crooked dishonest practices. You can bet I will post this incident to as much forums / websites as humanly possible.

Downloads
    Uploads
    this is called bait and switch and you were smart to not fall for it,buy else where and if you need to vent to someone then email customer service at honda usa
    it may not help other than to releive some stress