Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

firefox/ie doesn't work but internet connection is 'excellent?'?

So I got a new laptop, Sony VAIO (w/ vista), a couple weeks ago and recently, I have been having trouble with firefox and IE. The Signal Strength says excellent and I can connect to the internet just fine, however, after 30mins or an hour, firefox and IE will randomly stop working. Whenever I try to go onto a new page, it'll just keep loading forever. For some reason, it just won't load the page at all. Even though my uTorrent connects fine and so does AIM, firefox and IE won't work properly. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions?

Downloads
    Uploads
    well you could have gotten a virus from your torrent. try deleting the cookies and cache. if that doesn't work disconnect from the internet then reconnect.

Downloads
    Uploads
    your firewall may be on
    sorry cnt help much

Downloads
    Uploads
    I had a problem similar to this, it ended up being an install file on my sister's PC. I had installed a wireless USB network device, and the program would totally stop the browsers from working after 10 minutes. I uninstalled the device and drivers, and had to install new drivers which eventually solved the problem. Not sure if that helps ya, but it took me forever to figure out what was doing it to our house so I thought I'd share