Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Why does my son scream murder at nappy changes?

Whenever my mother in law changes my son's nappy, he starts crying (really crying, tears dripping everything). He doesn't do it with me, or my mother, or for that matter anyone else who changes his diaper - just my MIL. I have a sneaky suspicion that maybe she tried to pull back his foreskin and might have hurt him. She has asked me how far I'm pulling it back, because she pushed back her sons' foreskins bit by bit when they were little. Of course I told her I don't retract it, and she shouldn't either - that doctors now say not to do it. She disagreed with me, but she said she doesn't pull it back, because she doesn't know how far to retract it. I now think she might have lied to me - she has in the past, and we caught her out.

She sees him quite a lot (once a week at least), but usually I'm around. Every so often he may spend a night with her (like every 3 - 4 months or so). Should I be worried that he cries whenever she tries to change him? Or is he just acting up with her?

He's 15 months old... if it matters.
    If it matters, he sees MY mom far less, and when she changes his nappy he's happy as a clam and quite docile. With me he's wriggly and tries to get away... but he doesn't cry. With my sister (who sees him every day), he's the same as with me. This issue is just with my MIL.

Downloads
    Uploads
    probably because you call diapers 'nappys' lol...j/k, kind of. I think maybe you're right, maybe he had a bad experience with her. Thats interesting because i have decided that I'm not going to circumcise my son, and i didn't know that you wouldn't pull back the foreskin for a baby....you learn something new every day

Downloads
    Uploads
    i don't want to alarm you or point fingers since there is very likely a logical (and innocent) reason for his tears, but please watch her and those in her household closely. your son's reaction is reason enough to keep your eyes open.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Your son has already answered this question now stick with his answer. Please....don't double question yourself and ask why, just don't leave him alone with her until he can speak.

Junior Member RoCkInHiSlAsTnAmE's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    you cant really point fingers unless you see it with your own eyes maybe hes doing to get attention that way she cant change his diaper that way you'll do it instead

Junior Member RoCkInHiSlAsTnAmE's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    you cant really point fingers unless you see it with your own eyes maybe hes doing to get attention that way she cant change his diaper that way you'll do it instead

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm in kinda the same position. my sons cries everytime I leave him with his grandma on his dads side. I can leave him with anyone on my side of the family, even people he see less often than her and he is fine. I don't really have an answer except maybe try to prevent her from changing him.