1995 BMW 318i How to reset the Anti Theft system?

dr_james_wright

Jan 3, 2009
The other day I had a flat and had the Car towed to my house to get the tire replaced.. but after having the car towed the car will not restart now.. somehow the Anti Theft system thats built in to the car is now on.. and will not let the car start.. So of course the Dealer says to have the car towed to there place and they would charge me like 200 dollars to get it all fixed... but it would cost me around 100 dollars to get the car just towed to there place and right now I can not afford even that after just paying for another tire... So is there any help out there for me???? Can there be a way to reset there computer to reset the Anti Theft System? Maybe pulling a fuse or the ECM Module? What can I do. I'am thinking there has to be a way.. Since I still have the Key, why won;t it start the car now.. lol You can also email me at [email protected]

A stock 95 BMW 318i does not have an anti theft system that would prevent you from starting the car. There an anti theft system on the radio and thats it. If the battery is disconnected then the radio will need a code to be usable again. Check the battery and see if it is connected or needs a charge or jump.

A stock 95 BMW 318i does not have an anti theft system that would prevent you from starting the car. There an anti theft system on the radio and thats it. If the battery is disconnected then the radio will need a code to be usable again. Check the battery and see if it is connected or needs a charge or jump.

Back