Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

'04 GMC Sierra 5.3 o2 sensor reading?

I had an o2 sensor and multiple misfire reading on an obd2 scanner, replaced the o2 sensor and now it has a reading of 0, repleced the original sensor and now IT has a o reading on the scanner. Parts store told me i need to replace my fuel filter? Any Suggestions as to if this is right?

edited : the sensor that was detected on the scanner was O2 Bank 1 sensor, yes it was the right sensor that got replaced

Downloads
    Uploads
    Are you sure there is only 1 sensor? A lot of vehicles have an upstream and a downstream sensor. Sometimes replacing only 1 may do the trick. The question is, did you replace the right one. Check in a good repair manual to see if there is only 1 sensor .There is also a possibility that your catalytic converter could need replacing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Are you sure there is only 1 sensor? A lot of vehicles have an upstream and a downstream sensor. Sometimes replacing only 1 may do the trick. The question is, did you replace the right one. Check in a good repair manual to see if there is only 1 sensor .There is also a possibility that your catalytic converter could need replacing.