Laptop won't work with Verizon Fios router?

MikeH

May 17, 2008
I have a laptop with Windows XP and it works fine when I'm at home. but when I go to my friends house or my friends house who have FIOS my PC won't connect to their internet. I enter the WEP Key and sometimes it connects and just gives me limited connectivity, and other times it just won't connect at all. But at home where I have comcast and a linksys router it starts up fine. Is it a setting on my laptop? or maybe on the router itself?
Thanks!

FiOS router connectivity issue

I have a similar issue. I have a Dell XPS M1530. The router in my house is a Verizon FiOS router. We had a comcast router before and my computer would connect without any problems, but as soon as we got the FiOS router my computer will occassionally have issues connecting. I will have to try to connect four or five times before it'll connect and sometimes it'll only be limited connectivity so I'll have to do it all over again. Other computers have done the same thing with the same router so I know it's not just my computer. Is this an issue that can be fixed or do I need a new router?

Back