In the middle ages who was like the "boss" in the government/politics?

BriannaE1

Nov 29, 2008
help?please & thank you, if able provide maybe a site? i can't seem to find any with the info im looking for.

The king and the pope. the pope crowning the king ,giving him a divine right to his crown, the king having authority on his vassals

The Monarch (King or Queen) and then there were the nobility who were landowners and "lords" over their "vassals" ... I would recommend wikipedia's article on "feudalism" and/or "medieval period"

The Monarch (King or Queen) and then there were the nobility who were landowners and "lords" over their "vassals" ... I would recommend wikipedia's article on "feudalism" and/or "medieval period"

it was a constant struggle between the vatican and kings. ultimately the church proved more politically apt, go figure.

The "Holy Roman Empire" led by the Pope. Google "history of Catholic Church". It was one of the most corrupt governments in history. Popes were power hungry dynasties - their sons became the next popes, some were married, others womanizers, and the 'celebacy' of the priesthood had nothing to do with spiritual commitment - it was instituted to put an end to nepotism. You'll find the true history of the church fascinating and revealing.

The "Holy Roman Empire" led by the Pope. Google "history of Catholic Church". It was one of the most corrupt governments in history. Popes were power hungry dynasties - their sons became the next popes, some were married, others womanizers, and the 'celebacy' of the priesthood had nothing to do with spiritual commitment - it was instituted to put an end to nepotism. You'll find the true history of the church fascinating and revealing.

Back