1999 GMC jimmy with 140k miles?

Jeremy

May 20, 2008
im a sophomore in high school and my saturn just died on me. so my dad got a new truck about 5 months ago and he left his old 99' jimmy sittin in the driveway. the battery is actually charging right now. and the only other thing that is wrong with it is that i need to buy new tires, 4 wheel drive doesnt work, and the drivers door is a pain to close. but i just wanna no how long this truck will last me. will it get me through high school?

A free truck you should be grateful, Yes it should last if you take care of it. But like any machine if you abuse it will be shot in no time. I would not fix 4 wheel drive just use it the way it is

For the most part, the 4.3 is a pretty stout motor and should last awhile if maintained. You'll only need it for two years, and this vehicle should do the trick.

What is the problem with the 4WD?

Occasional problems on this vehicle are failures of the Fuel Injectors, Crankshaft Position Sensor, and the Air Pump and Hose Assembly. Failure of the Crankshaft Position Sensor may prevent the engine from starting.

ehh it might but the jimmy has alot of problems with them especially with 140k they usually develop manifold leaks the fuel lines on them start leaking and the fuel pressure gauges tend to go out..also they have the floor shifter and the module in the grip goes out and its a pain in the ass and gets expensive...soo it might it might not just depends on how good it was taken care of...

Back