Can my 01' Honda Accord take the strain of my subwoofer?

phoenixdown87

Jan 2, 2009
[2001 Honda Accord EXV6]

I have burnt out 2 amplifiers and now my alternator just burned, I NEED to know what's causing this. I have an OEM sound system with an LOC converter and an Alpine amp (this one has blown once already and I just replaced it) + Alpine 15" sub. Before this, I had a 12" Sony Xplod sub with a California 1,000 watt amp (this one blew).

I have 2 questions:

1.) Can my car take the strain of power that the new 15" is putting on my system?

2.) Is it my amp that blew my alternator or was it my alternator that blew my amp? I have heard that if the alternator puts out more then a certain number of watts it could burn the amp instead of the amp drawing to much power and burning the alternator.

Your blowing your amps beacuse you dont tune them correctly.
You must tune your amp to a level where the clipping is minimal. This is done by setting the gain at the best level for the amp.
To answer your 1st question more information is needed what type of sub is it and how much power are you giving it?
The second question also requires this information but no your not going to hurt your amp from underpowering unless the power is constantly fluxing.

Back