Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

t-mobile phone questions.. easy to use and cost of 3g (family plan)?

were getting a few phones for the family and i am wondering whats the easiest phone to use by t-mobile. My father is not that technically savvy so he needs something like the jitterbug phone.

also i am thinking about the google phone. how much additional is it for the contract for 3g etc.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm pretty sure that it costs $40/45 dollars extra a month for the 3g network. Cus I wanted to get the G1 phone but after I saw that I was more then happy to spend the $20 a month to keep my sidekick going.

Best advice: Dont get any sliders -- mine split in half after it took a drop from 2 feet and they wouldnt replace it. Dont get a Blackberry -- numerous friends have told me that they are a b**ch to operate and just overall not a very "friendly" phone.

Cheap phones usually equal easy phones (to operate)

Downloads
    Uploads
    i would just get your dad like an easy brick phone and just show him how to work it. or maybe even the razor or w490. i have the w490 and it's a really nice phone and it can be used to have a lot of stuff on it like a music player camera video camera voice record and lots of stuff. but it's easy to navigate and pretty self explanatory. it's like 30 with a contract i think maybe cheaper. i'd just sit down and go through everything with him. it's the same way with my mom.

what you're talking about do you mean the g1? that's the one with google on it. that one is 179.99 with the contract.

t-mobile has lots of plans and i think a family plan is like 100 for one line and 50 for each additional line or something like that.

hope that helps!