Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Are you saying that web pages load slowly, or applications are sluggish to work within your computer.

The first step in troubleshooting is to understand whether this is an issue with your internet connection or a performance issue with your computer.

If applications run sluggishly then think about these basic steps:
    * Look at your hard drive light, does it run a lot when you switch between applications and at times that you aren't doing anything disk intensive? If so check your memory using task manager, are you using more physical memory than you have in your computer? Too little memory is probably the most common cause of performance problems.

If this is an issue with your internet connection only, then do an internet speed test, for example:
    http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&ct=res&cd=2&url=http%3A%2F%2Fw ww.speakeasy.net%2Fspeedtest%2F&ei=jRBdSaujG4r2sAO w5IS-CQ&usg=AFQjCNF8eW6xoAWdoohoX4M1QodzZ1tStg&sig2=v5t IdmCJT1tUSaazg3osNA

If you just have a slow connection speed then there are more steps you can take to tackle that problem.

I suggest looking at these very basic troubleshooting steps and posting a new question with more detail about your specific problem, and with the results of these tests included so the community can post more specific troubleshooting suggestions for you.

Downloads
    Uploads

My internet is running but running real slow after i put in a clean windows xp.?

just put in new Hard drives and reinstalled windows xp home. in stalled all the drivers that came with my dell and i am online with my cable modem, but everything seems much slower?any thoughts on why this might be?
    is there why to check and make all my setting and drivers are correct?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Are you saying that web pages load slowly, or applications are sluggish to work within your computer.

The first step in troubleshooting is to understand whether this is an issue with your internet connection or a performance issue with your computer.

If applications run sluggishly then think about these basic steps:
    * Look at your hard drive light, does it run a lot when you switch between applications and at times that you aren't doing anything disk intensive? If so check your memory using task manager, are you using more physical memory than you have in your computer? Too little memory is probably the most common cause of performance problems.

If this is an issue with your internet connection only, then do an internet speed test, for example:
    http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&ct=res&cd=2&url=http%3A%2F%2Fw ww.speakeasy.net%2Fspeedtest%2F&ei=jRBdSaujG4r2sAO w5IS-CQ&usg=AFQjCNF8eW6xoAWdoohoX4M1QodzZ1tStg&sig2=v5t IdmCJT1tUSaazg3osNA

If you just have a slow connection speed then there are more steps you can take to tackle that problem.

I suggest looking at these very basic troubleshooting steps and posting a new question with more detail about your specific problem, and with the results of these tests included so the community can post more specific troubleshooting suggestions for you.