Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

How do I help my EXCESSIVELY, constantly gassy and screaming infant?

I breastfeed. I'm off dairy, wheat, nut products, all gassy veggies, all acidic foods, all spicy foods, all caffein, and I stopped using lanolin. He's gotten a LITTLE better, but he still spends 60% or so of his day screaming and kicking and pushing to get the gas out, and you can FEEL a ton of gas in his belly most of the time. He'll be 4 months old soon and I'm worn out, but I don't want to formula feed. My doctor is no help -- "some babies are just gassy." While I look for a new pediatrician, PLEASE HELP!!!

I guess I have to mention: ALL THE USUAL REMEDIES DON'T WORK. I change his positions, bicycle his legs, use warm compresses, give him gas drops, gripe water, massage his belly, and even stick a thermometer up his butt. i don't wanna know how to get it out, I WANT TO KNOW HOW TO STOP IT FROM HAPPENING IN THE FIRST PLACE! thanks!!! =)

Downloads
    Uploads
    lay him on his back and push his knees to his chest and then pull his legs straight again, repeat this for a while, that was always a big relief for my son.
    Or hold him on your arm laying face down, walking around and padding his back.
    Formula can make him just as gassy!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I breast and bottle fed and my baby was the same his belly would be round and swollen and its horrible to see. We used colief drops which we got on prescription (uk) but you can buy on line or at the chemist. We add to his bottle but you can use when breastfeeding too www.colief.co.uk it explains in detail on this site x x
    Our son was a million times more comfortable when using this x

Downloads
    Uploads
    give him 2 tablespoon of mylicon

Downloads
    Uploads
    im afraid it sounds like colic but i believe you are at the threshold of when it will stop,my 6 month old was exactly the same until 4 months. there was no consoling him we just had to ride it out,it does get better honest.

i found laying him across my knees and massaging his sides and back seemed to soothe him. Also try giving him cooled boiled water this seemed to help also.