Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm so scared of the future! Is this normal? I'm working on college and un-sure...

...of my future.? I'm getting my BS in Business. Minor in finance. I'm so scared. I'm not working right now becuase I'm 27 and focusing on college but I feel so so scared like I'm never going to be able to get a job or a good one for that matter.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Finding work is inevitable. It just requires effort, time, patience, and clever ways to promote yourself.

It is normal to feel unsure at this time about employment while you're in college. Sometimes the college mentality keeps students encased in a bubble. Since you don't work, this also perpetuates feelings of unsurety.

If I were you, I'd get real and start looking at potential jobs in the market related to your studies. Find out if anything interests you at this time. This is a way to prepare yourself mentally for the upcoming inevitability of finding work when you're done school. This could ease your anxieties, and give you an opportunity to think of strategies to obtain work after school is done. Good luck. It's not as bad as you think.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, it's normal. I'm in a similar situation to you. I'm 27. I quit college my first try at it. Now I'm just working, trying to earn enough $ to go back to college. I don't know if it's the right thing, financially, because the job I have now is a good one, but I really want to go back to college.

They have a ton of advisors and counselors on most college campuses that you can talk to for free. Get their advice on your certain situation.

Downloads
    Uploads
    hey, we've got somethn in common, im only sophmore 15 and scared as hell 4 my fuckn future... if i even make it passed high school

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's very normal to be worried about your future. Try making a list of the things you would want if your life was perfect. Then go through the list and set attainable goals to start getting these things. You have to go after what you want you can't just wait for it to come to you. And most of all remember that almost everyone has felt this way at least once in their lives. It's okay to feel unsure

Downloads
    Uploads
    ~~You are just reacting normal to a very stressful financial meltdown we are all experiencing. I can tell you this, my daughter has a degree in communications and applied to 4 corporations and received offers from all 4 companies. This is in California, where it is especially difficult to get a job. She has an awesome job now with outrageous benefits, so there is still great jobs out there.

Work hard in school, and you will be fine. We have a new President coming in who will invest in our country and hopefully this will just be a sad piece of history very soon.~~