My cam window says "Bluetooth video service not running".?

RahulS

May 23, 2008
When I use any software for video chat or video capture, it says "Bluetooth video service not running". I have a sony vaio laptop and use an in-built cam.

bluetooth video service not running

In Skype go to tools/ options/ video settings/ select webcam and then choose Sony visual communication camera.

Vaio

This happened to me too - but how did it get switched to Bluetooth in the first place?
Thanks for the assistance!
R

same issue

I had this problem too, it was because i updated my bluetooth drivers

bluetooth video service not running

When I use any software for video chat or video capture, it says "Bluetooth video service not running". I have a sony vaio laptop and use an in-built cam.

pls help me, im experiencing same problem now, can u pls help me...
Thanks in advance...

i had this problem too , can any body help to let it work with msn messenger ??

I have Sony Vaio with same problem. I tried the go to Tools options but after i get to webcam settings there is no choice anywhere saying choose sony visual communication camera ???

hey i have this problem with justin tv.... does anyone know how to fix this its really annoying

just unhook your power suply and suck all of the juice out of the batteries, then wait 20-30 minutes switch it back on and that should do th trick. It flushes your register and usb port data. worked fine for me..

timur today

I am getting the same error, but using a HP laptop.

Went to tools and the path specified, but do not know what option to select or de-select ?

Any help ?

i have sony vio laptop.while using sype, my computer says blue tooth video service not running, while i tried to solve it following the suggestions provided earlier, there is no choice saying blue tooth video communication camera. what shall i do?

My sony vaio laptop WEBCAM problem

Why is my webcam on this vaio laptop keep giving me this error. I have this error once, and it says "Bluetooth video service not running". When it comes to this problem, i first time went for a servicing. And now this is the second time, giving me this problem, so any solution to fix this problem? I dont wan to go another service AGAIN?

i also had this problem.. i tried the solutions suggested earlier in this post but i couldn't find that "Sony visual communication camera" i selected the other option instead. the one w/ USB port something . and it worked for me.

hope i am of any help

I am having this same problem but it doesnt have the options on skype. how do I fix this, I dont think I updated ay software!

i have a smiliar problem - the inbuilt motion eye camera doesnt appear on the device manager, and arcsoft web cam companion shows a black window with 'bluetooth camera - service not available / waiting for connection'

tried updating the drivers, it never finds the camera hardware anywhere.
sony website / random driver downloads dont help.
any advice please?

Back