Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+

Thread: 100m Sprints?

David L

100m Sprints?

I am currently 15 years old , and I do the 100m sprint. I think i run slow, do anybody know any ways that i can improve my time. My fastest was 13.96 seconds >.< Thanks

samrhule
    Visit http://www.myspace.com/powell024 the website of the fastest, non-drug using, man on earth - Asafa Powell, and ask.

He usually takes time out of his busy schedule to answers questions promptly.

Oh yea, and he's a Jamaican like me, so No Problem Man !!

Zach
    ya i do... are you like 4 feet 10... cuz i think i knoe you

Kristen S
    Well, I'm a girl, but I got my 13.1 to a 12.2 over one season. I did a lot of agility excersises, and guess I just got lucky.

Sprinting is a lottery.

sviper336
    The best way to improve your time is by going to practice every day, with hard work comes success. If you really want to cut some time off though, you should really practice coming out of the blocks. If you can perfect the blocks, you will be able to knock off at least half a second off of your time. If you really want to be a fast 100m sprinter, you should run 200m repeats to build endurance and run the 60m dash to build raw speed. Also, when you get to high school, you will notice that a lot of the sprinters are really ripped and have big muscles. It wouldn't be a bad idea to build your upper body strength, don't go crazy on the weights though, take it easy and start out with push ups.
    The main thing is that you stick to your goals and never give up, if you can do that, you will get faster