My laptop wont connect to the Internet ?

Meow

Jun 5, 2008
I got a new laptop, and when i try to connect it says im supposed to put in a password or something ??

I dont know what to do ?? Help?

Im guessing its wireless... if soo the password it is asking for is the server that is providing you with the internet connection and it is secure... you need to figure out what the password is from the server.... if you dont know it or need to get it reset.. call ur cable/internet provider and they can do it for you.. good luck

first go to your control panel and then click on Additional options then look to your side and click on network and internet then at the top were it say network and sharing center up under it should say somthing about connect to a network then from there its self explainator

you have a blocked internet access, this is to keep other people from using their computers to steal your internet. to solve this problem you need to contact your isp (internet service provider) and have them tel you the password if you do not know it. you will have to give them some information so make sure the account holder is with you when you call. also you must have a wireless router for your internet to recieve signal, finllaly if your laptop is new than it should have wi-fi installed, if not than you have to but an internet adaptor card.

Ya i had the same problem with my PSP
Anyway the password is called a WEP code, basically its locked, you cant do anything with it.
Go to your desktop and go to the bottom right corner of your screen, then there should be a small picture of two computer moniters, one overlapping the other. Then right click on the little picture, then go to the second option from the top, which says "Connect to a network". Then click on that, and a list of internet services should come up. Look for one that doesnt have a WEP code (the password u had trouble with) and try to connect to that. If you dont know what an unlocked service looks like then try all of them that comes up. If the one you couldnt go on is the only one thats on the list, then you need to buy a modem or a router, and thats a lot more difficult. Another option is to take your laptop around the neighborhood and use the same method i mentioned above (the one with "Connecto to a network"
and see if you can get any unlocked services. Good luck

Do you have your own internet service in your home and is it wireless? If not, youre outta luck til you get one. If you do, ask whoever set it up

Back