can parents read your text messages? (sprint)?

SUNSHINE:]

Aug 29, 2008
my friend's parents have been trying to read her messages, and i want to know if thats possible? (besides looking at the phone)

they can go to the store and track down everything,
i personally think its an invasion of privacy,

PARENTS!!!! ugh

If you go onto the sprint website, under FAQ. You will see the question, Can I monitor my child's text messaging? Then you will see the answer, No, this feature is not available at this time. Hope that answers your question.

damn you guys are tripping. can you do it or not?

Privacy

I see some people that make comments that parents should respect their children's privacy. As a child you should not have an expectation of privacy. Parents are trying to ensure the safety of their children. This may be hard to believe or swallow, but children DO NOT have all the answers and are not mature enough to make the tough decisions.

final answer

Here IS the answer to your question. Without an outside program Sprint phones or service will NOT provide an option to Monitor Text Messages. You must use an outside program like mobile-spy.com or others which only work on specific phones. These services have their own cost structure (about $100/yr) and provide you with an online interface to review all texts in/out as well as GPS tracking and other features. I've not used their service but I am shopping for a service to monitor my daughters texts. Good luck!

yea so

your parents need a life hahah u suck serious if you spent more time talking with them then invading there privacy maybe they would tell you more . god parents are dumb thats like reading a diary which you would prolly do anyways. Your driving them away by doing stuff like this. you don't want kids to lie and be shady your being a HUGE hypocryte let them grow up alittle if you catch them mess up fine don't look for it!

really?!?! ^

my mom has been torturing me for the past 5 years ive had my cell phone; telling me she knows everything ive said. like im a good kid. i cuss but im not talking dirty to anyone. omg i feel like an idiot :unbelieveble:

Oh my fuck..I hate when parents say that children cannot make thier own decisions... Its not thier life to tell what to do.. Its thier childs.. so if you want to do whatever do... Its not youre parents job to tell you what to do! And I am 14 I dont give a fuck what parents say. You aren't gonna control my life!

Okay so is there any proof that sprint doesn't allow parents to read text messages?
'Cause my parents tell me that they get a print out of all my texts every 2 months...and well I have sent/received some stuff that I really don't want them to see at all...
Help. I am SO paranoid.
Thanks! :)

Well one day my parents said they were gonna get a copy of all my messages sent to them I think they tried but sprint didn't give it to them. If u r so worried sit down and talk with your parents telling them your mature and you don't do bad things. Hope this helped:emot0:

ohhhhhhh lordddddd what a relief!!!! my dad just took my phone away and hes been torturing me for the past 2 years that hes going to read all my msgs i just hope he cant check the pictures!!!

Parents are so invading! What next? Should I walk around with a tape recorder so they can monitor all of my face to face conversations?

I think that it is possible for our parents to read our messages. One time, my own mother told me that i need to stop cussing in messages and that she can read them. And another time, my step dad ask me who just called me, and showed me the number off of his phone, but I didn't even have my phone on me. So I think it's possible.

Back