2009 Honda Civic Hybrid Acceleration?

Derek

May 13, 2008
Does anyone have a video of the 2009 Honda Civic Hybrid accelerating from 0-60 mph that is posted on the internet, or can anyone find one?

I have heard that it has a slow acceleration, but i want to see if there are any videos on it.

I am very interested in this car, but i don't know if i want a slow car.

Thank You! First one with a video of this gets the 10 points.

The most common figure I see for the HCH 0-60 is 11.6 seconds or so.

Keep in mind the HCH is not designed for performance. It is designed to maximize fuel economy with a tiny 1.3L engine and a friction-belt-driven CVT transmission, so it's not going to win any launches off the green light. Even the Toyota Prius will beat it by about a second or so.

If you want a hybrid with some pep under the hood but still has respectable fuel economy, the most affordable one right now would be the Nissan Altima Hybrid. It has a 2.5L engine coupled to Toyota's Hybrid Synergy Drive which Nissan licensed for use in that car. 190 horsepower, about 7.6 seconds 0-60.

There ARE sporty hybrids tuned for performance rather than fuel economy, but those are expensive. It would be something like the Lexus GS450h, which can do 0-60 in 5.2 seconds. It takes advantage of an electric motor's ability to exert maximum torque starting at 0 RPM, which an internal combustion engine cannot do.

Back