Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Rights of riding Pocket bikes/Dirt bikes in South Florida.?

Well during the summer time i was riding my 49cc pocket bike in my neighborhood. I was pulled over by the police, their he followed me to my house and spoke with my mom. Basically to my understanding i know that i cant ride my pocket in my neighborhood, i think he was talking about insurance!!! umm license and other things. Also that i would have to take it to an a abandon warehouse to ride it if i wanted to. But i really wasnt too sure about the whole thing.

But i want to buy a dirt bike now, would i be allowed to ride it in my neighborhood? I think one of the reason why he said that pocket bikes are illegal is that too many people have died on them. So i would like to know how would i fair with the law if i were to get a dirt bike. What would i have to do so i could legally ride it?

Downloads
    Uploads
    hell south Florida, i live in Orlando and i ride past the cops on my 300cc all the time, they don't say shit to me. sometime i even ask them what time it is. so ya go on and ride your dike bike. they only said the pocket bike, because it's very small, the bike is much taller. Hope i helped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    In most jurisdictions, and I think this includes Florida, for a motor vehicle to be street legal, it must have tags, lights, comply with insurance requirements, etc, just like a car. The driver must be licensed to operate the vehicle and must operate it obeying all traffic laws. The best place to ride a dirt bike is off-road where you have permission to operate it and wearing full safety equipment.

Downloads
    Uploads
    In during summer times i can keep safety my self i can ride on pocket bikes with spped limit, There are many dirt bike riding schools all around the country and it would be surprising if you can't find one located nearby your home, I've only rode a few dirt bikes up and down a local street, but I have never been on actual dirt before.
    Last edited by Rupesh12; 06-23-2009 at 01:32 AM.

Unregistered
    well south florida sucks then =/