Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    TelulahB
    You should really take this up with her doctor. Children's bones and muscles aren't generally developed enough to do this kind of activity. Parents that "encourage" their children to weight train etc often end up doing irreversible damage.

I have to mirror some of what has been said here though. As a mother of 3 and very active in my kids schools, I can't imagine a child who "wants" to run so much. My kids are passionate about music and still getting them to practise is a chore. It does sound as if YOU want her to be on the team or she feels that you would be more interested in her IF she says that this is what she wants.

Take it down a peg. Talk to your daughter about why she wants to be on the team and you may find out that she feels that that is what is expected of her. Talk to your doctor and her gym teacher and get advice there.

best wishes.

2^31
    Sprinting you say. Squats would probably be better for that type of competition than that extra half a mile.

workaholic
    you should ask her yourself - i mean is she running this much because you want her to or because she wants to? Personally I think that that's too much for a 9 year old girl, but you should really get your daughters opinion on whether she wants to do this or not.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12