Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm going on a ski trip, on the same day I'm going to be on my period. Would it...

...be bad to use a super tampon? I'm going to be going on a school Ski Trip, and will be going with a huge group of guys.
    I'm really nervous.
    Because the same day that I'm going to be going on the Ski Trip(s) I'm going to be on my Period.
    I use a regular tampon but would it be bad to use a 'Super' Absorbency tampon?

Would that be unsafe? I mean like i could use one, if that would be " safe"or "healthy" and switch it a little less often?
    Because I do have to go pee a lot, i just don't want to hold up the group.
    I don't know what to do!!!
    Help
    I'm going to be going on a school Ski Trip, and will be going with a huge group of guys.
    I'm really nervous.
    Because the same day that I'm going to be going on the Ski Trip(s) I'm going to be on my Period.
    I use a regular tampon but would it be bad to use a 'Super' Absorbency tampon?
    Would that be unsafe? I mean like i could use one, if that would be " safe"or "healthy" and switch it a little less often?
    Because I do have to go pee a lot, i just don't want to hold up the group.
    I don't know what to do!!!
    Help
    Also, I would be changing it every 3-4 hours, as opposed to ever 1 1/2- 2 hours. I would never leave it in for more then 8.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You should be fine! As long as you change it every 4-8 hours.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Super absorbency tampons have a higher risk for TSS but you should be fine if you change them at least every 6-8 hours.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Toxic Shock Syndrome is very dangerous and therefore this is the reason why changing a tampon on a regular basis is so important. I've heard of women who sleep with them in for more than 8 hours but they are also immobile and you are planning on being very active. It is important that you try to change it every at the least every 8 hours.

Downloads
    Uploads
    use a normal size and put two, three extras in your ski jacket. tampon absorbency has been connected with tss.

Downloads
    Uploads
    of course not!
    i was in a situation kind of similar-
    i was really ill in bed, and it hurt and made me feel worse to get up. so just my luck to get my period! so i just used a super tampon which meant i only had to get up like, once in a while, rather than often to change it.
    so i would recommend doing that take a regular as well, just in case, and take a few spares in case. i dont know of what, just in case
    good luck, hope i helped! x oh, and have fun skiing!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Only use a super if your flow is heavy.... you don't want to use a tampon that has higher absorbency then you are bleeding, that can be uncomfortable and sometimes hurts. Use the tampon and put a panty liner in and as long as you check and change regularly you will be fine.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Only use a super if your flow is heavy.... you don't want to use a tampon that has higher absorbency then you are bleeding, that can be uncomfortable and sometimes hurts. Use the tampon and put a panty liner in and as long as you check and change regularly you will be fine.

Downloads
    Uploads
    No that's fine! Like everyone else said, you have to change it every 6-8 hours, but I've been skiing with super tampons in, after 10 hours accidently and I've been fine. Chances are you won't get TSS...it would be extremely, incredibly rare if you did. However, if you have the time, then I would change it if I were you.

Downloads
    Uploads
    hmmm. If you are wearing a super absorbency tampon , it is probably a good idea to change it more often, For instance, a regular tampon you can wear for about 8 hours (with a regular flow) If you have a regular flow but are useing a super absorbant tampon you might want to change it more often then 8 hours. Your best bet is to just wear the regular tampon and for back up wear a panty liner and change it around every 7 or 8 hours. Don't sacrifice your health for something as silly as feeling embarrassed. And just to let you know men think completely differant from women, They WILL Never think for a second that you have you period , so you HAVE to go to the bathroom Regularly with your purse, Doesn't matter ... THEY WILL NEVER CLUE IN! Don't worry about it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast