Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If the doctor has checked her out, and you are positive that there is no sexual abuse going on at night in your household, relax. Send her to the bathroom with an interesting book to read, and tell her to take her time.

Downloads
    Uploads

My daughter complains she can't urinate at night!! What's wrong with her?...

...Please Help!!? Okay, so for the last 6 months - 9 months or so, my five year old (Who has been completely potty trained since 18 months) near the end of the day, gets on the toilet and complains and gets frustrated that she cannot pee.

She drinks a lot of fluids, we ensure that her juices are reduced sugar or all natural. And for a five year old, she eats pretty darn good. She does the usual where she only has to go potty when we go shopping, LOL, but NEVER has a problem.

But, when we get home, that is when it all starts. Especially when it comes close to bed time. She nearly comes to tears because says that she feels like she has to pee but nothing comes out.

We have tested her for Diabetes and she came out negative, (Thank you lord!).... So, the Doctor stated that the problem could be that we need to retrain her thought pattern.

Although I have the upmost respect and trust in his ability, in this situation, I disagree. Since she doesn't have a problem through out the day, then why would it only be a specific time frame?

We cannot seem to find an answer!! And it becomes frustrating for both her and myself as the ordeal can go for up to 30 minutes at times. It hasn't progressed and not life treatening, but, definately something that is affecting her. That's why I don't think she is making this up. Because she becomes so upset.

If you have the slightest clue...... It would help tremendously!!!

Thank you and God Bless!!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    that dosent even make any sence. try this RELAX for one week about it. at bedtime, have her sit for a minute and if she cant go, no big deal, have her wash her hands, brush teeth and off to bed.
    i am sure it will resolve itself once you take the focus on it. its mental, and she is likely telling you that she has the urge for your benefit. if she has to go, she will go when needed.

Downloads
    Uploads
    that dosent even make any sence. try this RELAX for one week about it. at bedtime, have her sit for a minute and if she cant go, no big deal, have her wash her hands, brush teeth and off to bed.

i am sure it will resolve itself once you take the focus on it. its mental, and she is likely telling you that she has the urge for your benefit. if she has to go, she will go when needed.