...Any thoughts? The specifics: mk4 (pre 1999) Ford Fiesta, with a 1.25 Zetec-S engine stalls on specific occasions.
This only happens when the engine is cold, and then only seems to be problematic within the first 2 minutes or so (in current weather ~3 Degrees Celsius) and when the revs are dropped, i.e. imagine dipping the clutch when coming to a junction. The revs plummit from (say) 3000rpm, past the idle 1000rpm, and down to ~500rpm where the battery warning light flickers, and the rev counter fluctuates as the engine tries to revive itself/prevent itself from stalling.
When it does stall however, it is a rather peaceful ordeal, and I've only first noticed the car has stalled when there has been no power steering.
When the engine has warmed up, dipping the clutch from high revs, is fine. The revs die off, and the engine returns to idling as normal.

Oh yes, having recently had a diagnostic and repair done, the mechanics at Nationwide Autocentre have replaced the Idle Air Conrol Valve (which has had no effect) and run a diagnostic, finding nothing else they could fault.
When cold the engine starts fine, goes onto fast idle, and drops off as the engine begins to warm up.

It also appears this problem is exacerbated, or at least predominant when the cd player, lights, heated rear screen are on.

I hope this bit of detail helps, since now the mechanics want to try and replace every part of my engine possible, in an expensive game of trial and error.

Please help.